Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Is my depression and social anxiety is making me into a bad person? I used to be happy and kind?

• I don’t think it makes you a bad person. I don’t have depression, but I do suffer from social anxiety disorder, and it can cause me to push people away. Sometimes they assume I just hate them and then I have to explain.

If pushing others away, or the lack of old friends inviting you places is what makes you think you are a bad person, it’s likely just because after avoiding social situations people begin to assume you’re not interested.

I suggest talking with someone about it, or trying Cognitive Behavior Therapy. It’s helps me personally.

Source(s): Social anxiety

ok. what is the question?????

It's great that you are reaching out for help. We understand how challenging it can be to struggle with both depression and social anxiety. Be assured that having these issues doesn't mean you are a bad person.

It's so important that you reach out for support from a trusted adult such as a parent, school counselor, teacher, coach, or minister. We would suggest getting evaluated by a medical doctor or mental health professional, and getting involved in counseling. It may help you to talk to a counselor at a hotline. Know that there is help out there for you and you are not alone.

Counselor, MT

Source(s): Boys Town National Hotline 1-800-448-3000, www.yourlifeyourvoice.org
  • Alfred

no, not necessarily...

more than anything else - they might make your quality of life more or less miserable...while still you're the same human soul and personality you are....

but mood and way of reacting may be negatively influenced by depression, for instance....

True, and as you get older and the closer to god you get, the worse your depression will get. You need to turn your trust to Lucifer and worship him and I promise you will feel much better.

The truth comes with a twist.

Wish you had elaborated a bit. Don’t know enough to answer

Anyone can transform from a happy, kind person into a not so nice person, especially if they've been struggling for a while with no help. Depression can make you very irritable, short-tempered, and rude to people and social anxiety is a constant stress when you don't have adequate help. You can get back to the old person you were, and you owe it to yourself to get adequate help and therapy with CBT. The longer you go untreated the harder it will be, and you will lose out on opportunities which will make you feel bitter. DO IT NOW. GET HELP

you probably still are, maybe you should get some counseling, it might help you out

Well, it's the fact that you're a nobody that causes you to be a bad person, kind of like trump.

Probably. Negative feelings, can turn into cynicism and being rude to people.