Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

should i press charges?

my 16 year old son got punched in the face by another kid at school and the kid broke my sons nose, i now have the option to press charges. I'm not sure if i want to though because my son has always had a mouth on him and would talk out is *** alot to the wrong people, this was one of the situations but i'm not sure exactly what my son said to the other kid. Should i press charges?

30 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Don't press charges. There is too good of a chance for counter charges. Instead, focus on reforming your own son.

• Spock
    Lv 5
    6 months ago

This is " kid stuff "....

NO-----don't---for it can have " other effects " that you do not even perceive of yet ..........

Have a nice day.

+++Spock+++

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

Well tell your son to stop talking shít to ppl bcus some will break his nose.

• 6 months ago

Not a good idea, dont do it

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

At least have your out of pocket medical bills paid for...no doubt about it.

• 6 months ago

no unless your son really wants it

• Clive
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

There is no such thing as pressing charges. You tell the police and THEY decide whether to take it further.

• 6 months ago

One of the reasons we have problems with kids is we let them get away with stuff. Regardless of what your kid said, the other kid should not have hit him. Press charges. He probably will just get community service but at least he will not get away with it.

• Will
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

If you press charges you will have to go to court. Teenagers are idiots; that includes yours. Why take the difficult path.

• car253
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Don't press charges. You don't need for you or your son to start baggage with court proceedings. It will start and keep going. Especially if your son has a mouth. Your looking for more problems if you press charges.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.