I smoke marijuana and I apply for a job in a warehouse and I’m drug tested for it would it prevent me from being hired ?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

Valeria, at any un-cool warehouse, yes you would.

• 3 months ago

say no to drugs.............

• 3 months ago

If the employer didn't want pot smokers on payroll you would be out on the street.

• 3 months ago

I would hope so, and I do not know of any employers that want a druggie working for them

And just because POT may be legal in your state, employers do not have to hire you. Drinking alcohol is legal too, but you would not get hired if you were intoxicated when you took the test or came to work intoxicated

And to take it one step further, many employers now will not hire anybody that smokes, if you test positive for nicotine you will not get hired or if they do a random drug test for that substance you would be let go

So, I guess you will not be getting that warehouse job huh?

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 months ago

It might and it might not. Some employers are ok with it. But it also depends if they’re willing to risk an issue with their insurance if you get injured on the job. They might see you as a liability, depending on the nature of your job. If they want you to drive a forklift or move heavy loads, they might not hire you. If it’s a desk job, they might not care.

• Kyle
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

yes. even if where you live has legal recreational marijuana, private companies can still have their own drug free policies. so they can't take chances on employees coming into work high and do a bad job, mess up work, lose customers and get bad press.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

It's also a federal crime. Who wants to hire criminals?

• James
    Lv 7
    3 months ago

it very much may

• Jo5
    Lv 6
    3 months ago

Yes. No one wants to hire a filthy unreliable degenerate drug addict

• 3 months ago

Yes. Even if pot is legal in your state employers can still demand drug free employees.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      3 months agoReport

It's not "legal" in any state that falls within the jurisdiction of the US federal code.

• Anonymous
    3 months ago

Yes. That is why they do drug test.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.