Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkOther - Food & Drink · 6 months ago

Always crave sugar after eating dinner?

It’s such a strong craving too. I’ve tried having sugar free jello, sugar free popsicles, something sweet but is sugar free. It just doesn’t work. I want ice cream or a cookie. I don’t keep those things in the house so I don’t give in but still the craving is there. What can I do to make it go away??

After about two weeks of going without it, the craving will disappear. Redirect your thoughts with an alternative of some type, whether it’s an activity, or substitute and you’ll be successful.

I do too but for me, artificial sweetened things work just fine.

I want the dessert not the actual sugar.

Try having some fruit. I nice juicy peach, or a serving of grapes, a pear or some plumbs, they all work for me as dessert and sooth that after meal sweet tooth.

• denise

Just have something sweet like a handful of raisins, craisins, or low sugar biscuits / cookies.

You'll just have to train your palate to accept things that have 'natural' sweetness. Fresh mango slices are lovely & sweet.

Have juice, or low calorie cordial. Get some citrus fruit

• Not

Learn to hate it. Reverse RBT.

• A.J.

There is some kind of link between zero calorie sweeteners and craving for sugar and carbs. The body reacts to the sweetener as if it has calories, and then craves the calories it doesn't get.

There is also a link between fat and carb. We love foods that combine the two, and they do cause weight gain.

You are better off limiting serving sizes and added sweeteners. You have to kick an addicting sweet habit.

Are you drinking diet beverages with a meal? That could be the culprit.

Try iced tea with a little sugar instead. Maybe seltzer with a splash of fruit juice.

A 7 gram miniature chocolate is about 40 calories

2 teaspoons sugar about 30 calories

An ounce of chocolate ice cream 61 calories

little bits are ok in an overall healthy diet.

The killer to a healthy diet is the 453 Calorie medium order McD's Fries

Eat a small amount of the sugar you are craving. Your body needs some sugar.That should solve the problem.