Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 6 months ago

Is a dog with down syndrome ok to have around children?

My friend wants to give me a 10 month old Boxer with down syndrome. The problem is I have a 6 year old girl and an 8 year old boy.

You must be mixed up a bit, dogs can not have down syndrome.

Dogs cannot have Down Sydrome. aha

down synd. has to do with chromosome count we are only 2pr. cell off from a chimp I think they have 25 pair down synd. 24 and non down synd.23 per cell......I think..........it,s been a while hey think that,s to cloe for comfort our nervous syst. is not dissimilar from a Snail

A dog with down syndrome will do fine around kids... as long as they are not vaccinated!

A dog cannot have Down Syndrome, dumbass.

• Sky

Dogs can't get Down Syndrome, you moron. That is a genetic disorder that is specific to some great apes such as humans and chimpanzees. It has never been identified in dogs.

• Hündin

It's not a genetic disorder: it's a developmental chromosomal disorder. (Developmental means it occurs in-utero post conception, and it has nothing to do with the genetic make-up of either parent, i.e. it's not heritable).

While Down Syndrome is specific to humans, dogs can have similar conditions

No. The dog will be extremely unstable. Down Syndrome affects 1 out of 1000 dogs and is most common in the following breeds: Basset hound, GSD, Newfoundland, Rottweiler, Australian Cattle and Czechoslovakian wolf-dogs.

Please, I beg you. Do not permit this dog around children.

• Hündin

and please stop calling people plebs. If English was your native language you would know it was just as unacceptable as using racial epitaphs like the n-words etc. But the main reason you should not use it is that ,as an uneducated pastoral worker,/sheep-shagger you are the epitome of a plebian.

dogs dont suffer downs syndrome me little bluefaced pleb

No such thing in dogs. Your friend is either lying to you or she don't know what's wrong with the dog & is just guessing or being mean to you.

I would not bring in a dog that is 'odd'/needy/unpredictable/ dog into a home with a child. What do your know for a fact about the dog? It all sounds like hearsay.

It is a fact that dogs know down syndrome children & have a way with helping them. It's amazing to watch.

The dog could be just genetically dumb. one brain cell.

Have a Vet check out the dog, find out what is wrong with it before you bring it into your home with a child.

There's no such thing as Down's Syndrome in dogs, idiot.