Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 months ago

Are Alaskan men odd?

I traveled to Alaska this summer, and I thought that they were strange. Not bad or good, just odd compared to most of the USA.

just like the tv show 'northern exposure.'

What's odd about them?

Of course in your perception. Alaskan men and women have a different society, culture and environment, so they are grown up in a different manner. Life is quite harsh there.

You did not mention... strange in what way?

No Alaska is the last frontier I went to Alaska last summer and want to go spend next summer there

As women in Alaska have always said "the odds are good but the goods are odd"

Must take a different kind of person to survive a few months with only 6 hours of sun a day and to have a certain time of the year where the sun never sets. Look it up if you don't know what I am talking about

They live in a cold place that how it is

Most of the men I met in Alaska were college students who go there to work in the summer. That is, they mostly weren't from Alaska. So I don't know.