I'm 31 and I never went to college. Is that bad?

I work full time for 55k per year. But I'm not sure if I missed out on an important experience that everyone else had.

Does it mean that I'm somehow incomplete or not a real adult because I never had this experience?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 5 months ago

You're way ahead of all those college grads who still have tuition to pay, and with all the social justice warriors and Marxist indoctrination going on at most colleges today , you'd be better off just as you are. You dodged a bullet, and you are wonderfully blessed.

• 5 months ago

Not bad just you won’t get a higher paying job. That’s all. Alot of people didn’t go to college

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

55k a year. Mate you're set up for life. I graduated few months ago from high school and wish there was a way I could make like 50k a year so i won't be stuck in college suffering with studies in order to survive in the future. You're so good mate

• 5 months ago

Do you want an education or not? Are you happy with your current career, or want something else? NOT everyone has a "college experience." Not everyone needs or wants it, either. IF you decide you want to study, you might check out your local community college, see what they offer, & whether of their offerings interest you.

You are NOT going to be a freshman moving into the dorms with 18 & 19 y.o. fresh high school grads, if that's what you mean by "college experience."

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    5 months ago

I have a friend that went to a 4 year university and make 32k a year And has $90k of dept.

• Lili
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

But I'll bet he can spell "debt".

• Anonymous
    5 months ago

It sounds like you are doing well. Huge numbers of people feel as you do and go to school nights. It is much more pleasant than work. And evenryone else is tired. Of course, you are still missing out on the Frat-Boy stuff??

• Luke
      Lv 7
      5 months agoReport

Is the feat-boy boy stuff good? I have no experience of that.

• 5 months ago

It's just more study. No big deal. Of course "some" people flunk it because they spend the time drinking and acting like immature morons. I wouldn't make either of those one of my goals. You missed an education and the opportunity to make more friends. That's about all.

Source(s): Two colleges, two degrees and an additional Associates at a Uni.
  • 5 months ago

No. As long as you're happy with what you have done, then that's all it matters. Going to college doesn't make you less of an adult and it doesn't require to be happy either.

• A C
    Lv 7
    5 months ago

Nope. Sounds like you gained 4 years of life.

• Molly
    Lv 4
    5 months ago

Of course not. There are "complete" adults who do and don't go to college, get married, have kids, etc. So long as you're happy with your place in the world, there's no reason to feel bad about that.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.