My neighbor swears in his house I can hear. I don’t want my wife to pick up the foul languages. Police are no help. What is to be done?

If your wife wants to use swear words she's within her rights to do so. Hearing the neighbor's bad language certainly wouldn't be the first time she's heard these things. You're sounding pretty patronizing on this. But if this neighbor is breaking local noise laws you can just keep calling the police on him.

• Dick

Why do you object to your wife expanding her vocabulary? She will be better able to express herself. Listen and learn.

• lala

You are not serious with this question ??

Your wife is adult and she knows which language to choose

Your wife is perfectly capable of choosing her language for herself. She's not stupid and not a child to have to be protected from foul language. If you don't like your neighbours either soundproof your house, or move.

Move or close the windows.