Scared my Girlfriend is going to commit suicide?

When my girlfriend was 14 she attempted suicide. Obviously failed since I used the word attempted, but she went into a coma for 7 days and around 2 years later she met me. She still deals with depression and mental issues and I am always very scared for her. Whenever ANYTHING happens at all, if she doesn’t respond... show more When my girlfriend was 14 she attempted suicide. Obviously failed since I used the word attempted, but she went into a coma for 7 days and around 2 years later she met me. She still deals with depression and mental issues and I am always very scared for her. Whenever ANYTHING happens at all, if she doesn’t respond to my texts fast, if she gets moody, anything, I get scared that she is going to try it again. She has problems with her Mom.. who is very strict and mean sometimes, and whenever her Mom gets mad at her or grounds her I know it takes a huge toll on her.. (she works her butt off all day for her Mom and she gets treated horribly in return. She goes out of her way to comfort her Mom and brighten her day but she gets nothing in return except for yelling and punishments.) I tell her to be strong and I know that she probably won’t ever do it again because she has a lot to live for and she knows a lot of people care for her, but I can’t help but be anxious about it. I don’t know what I’m really asking for but I guess I just need people to comfort me. I would rather rant to strangers online than people I know because most people around her don’t know about her past.
4 answers 4