Evan asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

Scared my Girlfriend is going to commit suicide?

When my girlfriend was 14 she attempted suicide. Obviously failed since I used the word attempted, but she went into a coma for 7 days and around 2 years later she met me. She still deals with depression and mental issues and I am always very scared for her. Whenever ANYTHING happens at all, if she doesn’t respond to my texts fast, if she gets moody, anything, I get scared that she is going to try it again. She has problems with her Mom.. who is very strict and mean sometimes, and whenever her Mom gets mad at her or grounds her I know it takes a huge toll on her.. (she works her butt off all day for her Mom and she gets treated horribly in return. She goes out of her way to comfort her Mom and brighten her day but she gets nothing in return except for yelling and punishments.) I tell her to be strong and I know that she probably won’t ever do it again because she has a lot to live for and she knows a lot of people care for her, but I can’t help but be anxious about it. I don’t know what I’m really asking for but I guess I just need people to comfort me. I would rather rant to strangers online than people I know because most people around her don’t know about her past.

• justin

give her this please. I care. im sorry... God is testing you to care. to want the best for everyones soul love god and love good peopel when its hard. If I cna help send me a mesage my kik is gerberstuffbabies my email camaro33125cody@gmail.com or usa my text now number is 717 516 0310 and my facebook is camaro elfyboy with a pink sword art online anime picture. Depresion is a disease and u must fight back. I've been thru this, know many friends who are working thru it with my help. u must see thru this illusion . If I didn't care I wouldnt bother replying . Therfore I do care . Therfore i want u to reply. For me accepting that god loves me and wants the best for me and pushing away/blocking negative thoughts and feelings helps alot. Create a rubber band like forcefield within the center of ur mind and use it to push slowly but forcefully all the negativity out of ur mind. Pull urself within this rubber band force field and use it to create some space inside that u can have hope and faith that god will make right all wrongs if u can. Another trick is to put things in perspective. To see the world and ur life as a short temporary schooling for ur soul where u whould try to learn what u cna when u are here cause afterwards is an eternity of perfect bliss and good things. if u cna do it right it often will make u feel ur negativity melt away. All pain and suffering will be reimbursed he told me and it will not be a 1 to 1 ratio but 100 to 1. some pain types differ like oppression which is even more so. So do not allow the sadness to win.

Friendship can be great therapy, but friends are not therapists. You can be a good listener and spend time with her to take her mind off her problems once in a while, but she needs professional help.

I'll share this information with you - suicide prevention advice from DBT, which is the best treatment for borderline personality disorder, and an answer that talks about different treatments, under "DEPRESSION TREATMENTS".

Some people have bad mood kits - boxes with things that make them feel better when they're down.

A list of DBT coping methods would be perfect for a kit.

It's very important to calm down. This will make you feel better and let you think clearly.

A very easy way to calm down is just to breathe slowly. A doctor recommends inhale to a count of 4, exhale to 6. You'll feel better in 5 min or less.

Also, simple distractions can be very good. This video has suggestions. It also has a very good hotline. No one will bother you if you call.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yBXl81QPyY

Youtube thumbnail

Depression treatments -

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20150...

it’s normal for you to freak out. If you think she’s still suicidal take her to a therapist. She really needs therapy. And bro you’re trying your best to make sure she doesn’t attempt it again. just talk to her about it. Make her promise. Something that would get you satisfied.

• misha6 months agoReport

How about trying to improve her life? getting her out of depression so she doesn’t want to attempt it anymore? do happy stuff together so she realises there’s more to life. and dude therapy really is the best option for her. Does she have other friends? friends are important too they help.

Firstly, you really need to set some boundaries on that relationship. Seriously. If she does commit suicide it was inevitable. You can’t support her at your expense.

Tell her to stop comforting her mom. Tell her that has never worked so change her approach. Her mother has learned that she can treat her like crap and that’s how she gets love. But honestly I don’t know enough to give real advice. If she’s being grounded I’m sure there’s a reason to it- right or wrong. And if she’s working her butt off (truly) and still getting in trouble still, tell her to stop working then she’ll get in trouble but have more energy. Also tell her to find an activity she loves and can do when she’s grounded. Don’t do it when she’s not grounded and it’ll feel like a reward. She’ll happily accept her grounding next time.