Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

For most of my life I have had a strong interest with working with the Dead as an embalmer I have been around dead people?

For some odd reason it brings me comfort to be around them

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Go for it. My dad was chief deputy coroner and made almost 100k a year. Now he's retired with a nice pension.

You definitely get some respect kind of benefits from that work. Flashing your badge might even get you out of a speeding ticket.

Things you don't consider are that a corpse is one thing but you'll see some nasty stuff. Bodies decomposing in locked cars out in the sun and heat for days, puke, ****, etc.

You'll get dead kids, friends, relatives. You also have to do some heavy lifting (fat bodies), full hazmat suits, and you might not think it but you have to deal with a lot of BS from relatives of the deceased, funeral homes, other investigators, courts.

It's an interesting career but it definitely can have a toll on people. I'd go for it. My dad would have freaked out if I pursued it myself because he hated it and didn't want me to do it but if that wasn't the case I could see myself pursuing that career.

• 6 months ago

Same with me.

A lot more peaceful and quiet too. You can still care for people. Just not in the traditional, conventional way. Lol

• 6 months ago

Good for you . Morticians make a decent amount of money because most people are uncomfortable around the dead .

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

That interest you have is based out of intrigue and fascination - not really a longevity element you can last in long term.

How do I know this?

Because you capitalized the word dead. It's not a title, it's not a name, and it's not the beginning of a sentence.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 6 months ago

This inclines you toward necrophilia. As long as it doesn't push you into the illegal realm of it, go for it and have fun.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

cool .

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.