Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthMental Health · 6 months ago

For most of my life I have had a strong interest with working with the Dead as an embalmer I have been around dead people?

For some odd reason it brings me comfort to be around them

Favorite Answer

Go for it. My dad was chief deputy coroner and made almost 100k a year. Now he's retired with a nice pension.

You definitely get some respect kind of benefits from that work. Flashing your badge might even get you out of a speeding ticket.

Things you don't consider are that a corpse is one thing but you'll see some nasty stuff. Bodies decomposing in locked cars out in the sun and heat for days, puke, ****, etc.

You'll get dead kids, friends, relatives. You also have to do some heavy lifting (fat bodies), full hazmat suits, and you might not think it but you have to deal with a lot of BS from relatives of the deceased, funeral homes, other investigators, courts.

It's an interesting career but it definitely can have a toll on people. I'd go for it. My dad would have freaked out if I pursued it myself because he hated it and didn't want me to do it but if that wasn't the case I could see myself pursuing that career.

Same with me.

A lot more peaceful and quiet too. You can still care for people. Just not in the traditional, conventional way. Lol

Good for you . Morticians make a decent amount of money because most people are uncomfortable around the dead .

That interest you have is based out of intrigue and fascination - not really a longevity element you can last in long term.

How do I know this?

Because you capitalized the word dead. It's not a title, it's not a name, and it's not the beginning of a sentence.

This inclines you toward necrophilia. As long as it doesn't push you into the illegal realm of it, go for it and have fun.

cool .