Sam asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 6 months ago

Is there a law against eating your own pet if that animal is considered a livestock in agriculture?

I bought a pig from a pet store that is trained as a pet, but what if I reconsider that pig as a livestock and eat it.

Update:

I live in the United States.

5 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

Great story, Scrappy. Your posting this question numerous times is a dead giveaway.

• 6 months ago

I think you have to have a license to slaughter it and how would you dispose of the waste, the blood for example.

• Yeti
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

It varies at the state level. Saying you're in the USA is not sufficient.

Even in places where it's legal to kill your pets for consumption, laws can apply about doing it humanely, etc.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

The FDA takes this one.

You can legally butcher and consume your animal as long as you kill it within the rules of the FDA. The problem is, the rules of the FDA structure killing them with the alignments of running an actual farm/butchery.

So you have to have certain machinery, pens, hygienic condition standards, etc.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    6 months ago

Laws vary from place to place. Without a location, such a question is impossible to answer.

• Sam6 months agoReport

USA

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.