Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 6 months ago

I feel so bad? Why am I so useless?

So I'm 20 y/o, a girl. I met this guy (22) when I was having a night out in april, he told me he broke up with his gf of 3 years after she cheated on him (he was very drunk, and didn't remember he told me this the next day), but we talked for about a month and sometimes asked me to hang out but always at the most impossible moment and when I asked him to do something together he always had an excuse. We suddenly stopped talking after a month. I got over it. Then in july, after 2 months he suddenly send me a message again. We met during a night out and had a great time together, laughing, cuddling A LOT. He was very sweet for a couple weeks (but always had an excuse again why he couldn't meet up). Suddenly he started acting distant again and now I was him hugging a girl on someone else's Instagram story... it hurt me so bad... i feel like a useless loser. I feel like I'll Never find a man who will chose everything of me and only me... I got molested when i was 11 and I really feel like men only want 1 thing. I really feel like I'll Never be happy, I've been so unhappy for the past year... I don't wanna kill myself but sometimes i really wish I was just never born

Favorite Answer

I'm sorry for what happened to you when you were 11 but there's no need to call yourself useless or loser or anything negative. You WILL be happy someday and it will happen when you least expect it to. He started acting distant and full of excuses likely because he was afraid of getting close to another girl after being cheated on by a girl he obviously cared about. I think you need to work on yourself first building up your self-esteem, confidence and learn to love yourself and see your true value and beauty. You were hurt because you saw the guy hugging another girl....could it have been a friend, sister, cousin etc. Just because he was hugging a girl doesn't mean he likes her. Please stop kicking yourself down, you don't deserve to feel that way.

• Jason

Your trouble starts by letting your happiness solely depend on the relationships that you're in. If your happiness depended on yourself, then that will empower you and allow you to see situations like this from a more positive perspective.

Please don't feel bad! Everyone makes mistakes like this! I think the secret to meeting the right guy is to find people who you share a lot in common with. Hence, if you are struggling to meet people then what I think you should do is to start frequenting environments where you are likely to meet people who you will have something in common with. Doing this will increase your chances of meeting people who you will share a chemistry with. For example, joining various social groups, going to church functions and playing team sports are all great ways of meeting like minded individuals. Lastly, if you are looking to date I would recommended not investing emotionally in any guy until you get a clear idea of his personality and what his intentions are. Adopting this approach will prevent you from getting hurt. I really hope that this helps.

Source(s): Do you think this guy knew how much you liked him or could he have been unsure? Are you still in contact with him?