Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 6 months ago

The constitution should be updated to protect citizens from corporations as it does from the govt.?

Currently corporations can violate your first amendment rights and silence you if they dislike your political stance. Conservatives, Facebook silences you constantly.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    6 months ago
    Favorite Answer

It has been updated with amendments. The last amendment was the 27th in 1992 which talks about pay raises in Congress. It shouldn't be easy to change but it CAN be changed.

• 6 months ago

It would be impossible to control the sort of Orwellian mind control that we currently see social media and much of the news media practicing. The ability of these venues to control public opinion - and to determine the information available to the public - is truly frightening to anyone that can think for themselves (or should I say think?).

• 6 months ago

I was not aware that our right to not do business with these corporations was taken away from me. Must have slept through that newscast.

• 6 months ago

Sorry, dude, Facebook doesn't have to bake your gay wedding cake if they don't want to! What? You didn't realize that decision cuts both ways?

A recent Supreme Court decision gives Facebook all the legal cover they need to reject content that goes against their deeply held beliefs. Conservatives across the land celebrated when a Colerado business called Masterpiece Cakeshop was allowed to refuse the business requests of a gay couple.

But that goes both ways! Now Facebook has every right to refuse content they find repugnant. Sorry dude! You cons helped set the precedent that gives corporations all the armor they need to defend against your "first amendment" claims. Proud of yourselves? Or are you having second thoughts??

• ...Show all comments
    • Elwood Blues
      Lv 7
      6 months agoReport

My point still holds - you WON'T be able to limit those exemptions to Christian groups, so think long and hard when you ask for a "deeply held beliefs" exemption from the law of the land.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Dooby
    Lv 6
    6 months ago

Nonsense. Corporations are businesses subject to the absolute laws of economics. You don't give them your business, they go away. Nothing at all to do with the constitution.

If you are moronic enough to even use face book.... you may as well just accept you are mindless communist and be done with it.

• Anonymous
    6 months ago

I agree but cuckservatives and libtards will never let it happen cause they use it to suppress us, what I've found out is they are a false dichotomy. They both support censorship, they both support corporatism, they both support neoliberalism

• Dze
    Lv 7
    6 months ago

the laws should be .. corporations use their status as an entity to claim rights but essentially act like they are immune to laws and consideration for people ..

• 6 months ago

Accomplishing that would not require an update to the constitution. Anti-trust enforcement might do it, or legislation if necessary.

The constitution says that the government cannot take away our freedom of speech. It does not say that the government cannot act to prevent other powerful organizations from taking away our freedom of speech.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.