Why do claimed Christians talk about JW's GB when you have an RCC who believes he's "God in the earth" with authority to change Bible?

“The Pope is of great authority and power that he can modify, explain, or interpret even divine laws... The Pope can modify divine law, since his power is not of man, but of God, and he acts as vicegerent of God upon earth." -Lucius Ferraris, Prompta Ribliotheca, " Papa," Part. 2, translated."

"The Pope has the power to change times, to abrogate [to abolish, do away with, or annul] laws, and to dispense with all things, even the precepts of Christ." Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap. (The Pope can modify divine law.) Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary."

• Paul

Change the Bible? Why would the RCC "change" a book of its own writings, compiled by its own bishops at the instruction of the Pope?

• norine6 months agoReport

You're a "DAMNED" (Mark 16:16) "LIAR" (I John 2:3-5) when Constantine and the RCC >>> TOOK ORIGINAL SCRIPTURES and FUVK'D it UP! YOU "WHORE" (Rev 17:5)!

• Doug

Because we have the words of Jesus Christ, in the Bible, along with the constant tradition and history of the Catholic Church, to backup the truth of the papacy, while all we have to back up JW's is a couple of false prophets, with no divine authority, at all.

Source(s): www.askmeaboutgod.org
    • norine6 months agoReport

A 3 headed god is PAGAN calling it a trinity! GOD SAID THE SPIRIT is >>>"DIVERSITIES OF OPERATIONS"<<< (I Cor 12:6) WHICH EXPLAINS AN ALMIGHTY GOD RATHER THAN ONE LIMITED TO JUST "3" (Daniel 4:35).

You might want to ask that question again

being much, much more clear

and much, much more precise.

For example:

It is extremely rarely that I talk about JW'S GB.

I don't have an RCC.

The RCC is not a "he".

Anyone living on Earth who believes that he is "God in the earth" is a loon.

etc.

• magix151

Granny, why do you presume to know what everyone thinks and believes? In truth, all anyone can know with certainty is what they think and believe.

Are you speaking of the pope? Who believes he is god on earth? I don't think anyone believes he's god on earth. He is regarded as one who speaks for the catholics. He may be regarded as one who speaks for god, but there are many who claim this.

• magix151

So you say. I would suggest you ask questions that you need answered instead of asking simply to berate everyone.

Those quotes seem spurious to me, and if they are then the whole premise of your question fails.

Can you give the full references? What is "Decretal, de Tranlatic Episcop. Cap.", and what are the chapter and page references? And what is "Ferraris' Ecclesiastical Dictionary". Who wrote and published it and with what authority? Is it a catholic publication? Does it have an imprimatur and a nihil obstat?

It seems like everyone thinks they can change the Bible. Truth seems to depend on the agenda of the leadership and I don't believe the JWs have a good case to do what they do.

Yes, we have no bananas.

• norine6 months agoReport

You'll have none "TODAY" or "TOMORROW" believing BS!

• Dooby

Sorry. I don't know what those abbreviations mean. You will have to be more clear.

• norine6 months agoReport

They're just another "political poulluted vatican" copying from the RCC! A Wanna Be!