Anonymous

Why do most people think common things are boring, and rare things are cool and interesting?

Example, most people find White people basic and boring. Cuz White people are most commin in USA and everywhere.

While most people think Native Americans are cool, cuz they are so rare.

• xg6

because novelty fires the imagination in a way boring doesn't

Because they like to think that the grass is always greener on the other side. They find their lives dull and empty, and blame it on their skin color or external looks. They think that having a different and/or more diverse origins might also make their lives more interesting and worth living. Basically, they have a distorted perception of reality.

I'm not so sure your theory really holds much water.

boredom I suppose

because rare is rarely seen, that's why it's interesting.

I collect coins, and the old rarer ones are infinitely more interesting than the boring ones we use now.

But someday, after all the current designs have been changed........some kid will collect these current coins and find them "interesting".

I think you have it all wrong, my friend.