Advice for someone who feels alone?

Over the past few months I've come to realise how different my life is compared to everyone else around me, including friends. Everyone else is getting engaged and married and starting the rest of their lives, but I feel like I'm on the other side of the spectrum. I feel like I NEVER going to find a husband as every guy I feel is a potential partner gets taken away from me.

I'm not afraid of being single but I am at a point in my life when I would rather be in a relationship and start the journey of the rest of my life.

Any advice for me?

People don't get "taken away", they simply make choices you might not like. Chances are you're going after people who are indecisive and not really on your wavelength. So try some of the more mature dating sites that require a personality profile. This way you can weed out a lot of those who don't know what they want.

Yes but you’ve got to remember that those people who you see getting engaged married etc probably once also felt the same as you but the only difference is they continued with their search and are at that stage in their life. Every adult goes through this stage and a few feel alone even whilst being in a relationship marriage and some have divorced a few times so you can imagine how many times they’ve felt alone in order to find someone new.

I met my husband when I was 30. Wed him when I was 35. I was well into my "journey for the rest of my life" when we first met. Further into it by the time we wed. I encourage you to build your life NOW. Go, Do, Work, Learn, Experience the life you are building NOW! You are far more likely to meet a real potential life partner if you are in the throws of your OWN choices than spinning your wheels waiting/hoping to meet one to begin this journey.

• Frank

You’re not providing enough information. You don’t tell us how old you are. You are clearly young and an idiot. Most people get married way too early. Our life expectancy is now close to 80 years old. There is no rush to get married.

Marriage is an agreement between a man and a woman to start a family and raise children. I wouldn’t recommend anyone that they get married before the age of 30. By then you know who you’re going to be as an adult for the rest of your life.

If you don’t want children, then never get married. Again marriage is about kids.