How does the Air Force housing operate?

I'm single with no dependents.

Will they house me in an apartment or house me in a base? Will I at least have my own privacy or do I have to share a room with a person?

I forgot to mention when I graduate tech school and I have my own job and it is time to ship me out and start my career

• NWIP
    1 year ago

You will live in dorms aka barracks. You might be sharing and then again maybe not. You might just share a bathroom and then again you might not. All depends on what dorms the unit you are with is assigned. You will be there until you are an E4 or higher. Then you can be given the option to move out into town and get BAH w/o dependents to pay for the apartment. If you are overseas you will be in dorms

• 1 year ago

You either get a room in the barracks/dorm or you get BAH and have to live off base. You will NOT get a house. Most of the services try to give you a private room but not always. You may have to share a bath with others.

• 1 year ago

you will live in the barracks

yes, most likely you will share the room with another person

thin k college dorm room.

• Mrsjvb
    1 year ago

You will be in barracks/dorms. Best you can hope for is a private bedroom with a shared bathroom and living space.

More likely is a shared bedroom with a common bathroom like a college dorm set up.

• xyzzy
    1 year ago

Most junior enlisted unaccompanied Airmen live in the dormitory. It is mandatory for Priority 1 (key and essential personnel) and Priority 2 (E-1 to E-3 and E-4 less than 3 years service) unaccompanied personnel to live in the dormitory. Other unaccompanied personnel may live in the dormitory on a space-available basis. Generally, an E-4 living in the dormitory who reaches 3 years of service may voluntarily occupy a room on a space-available basis without Basic Allowance for Housing (BAH) or move into local community housing with BAH. In certain circumstances, such as to make space available for more junior personnel, you may be authorized to move out before reaching E-4 with greater than 3 years of service. The most senior Airmen are released first. Your Airmen Dorm Leader or UH Management Office representative will advise residents when early release is necessary.

The Air Force assignment standard is one private room for each permanent party. The new Air Force construction standard provides a private bath for each bedroom and a shared kitchen and common area, similar what you may find in the local community. Not every installation has the newest style dorms, however, so you may be in a dormitory that shares a bathroom with another Airman. You will still have a private room.

• 1 year ago

You will live in the barracks, what the Air Force calls dorms. As a junior enlisted person you will be sharing a room with others. Houses and apartments on base are for married people.

• 1 year ago

Have you not seen any movies about life on military bases? Or done any reading? Look up "barracks".

• 1 year ago

You will be housed in a barracks with a bunch of recruits.