I have a question about living in the Barracks.?

Is your money safe (credit cards) and documents (social security cards, birth certificates, etc) while residing in the barracks with a room mate or having those inspections by someone. Is there a place that I can keep those stuff safe without the worry of it being stolen?

• Mrsjvb
    1 year ago

You are REQUIRED to have a lock box and use it. You are also required to lock the door to your barracks room

1 year ago

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...........um no 😐 get a safe deposit box OFF POST somewhere

• 1 year ago

There have been thefts in barracks.

1 year ago

Definitely no. People in any group setting steal things all the time whether it's military barracks, college dormitory, work dormitory, gym locker room or, ironically enough, police barracks. Leave all your valuables behind if you don't want them to be stolen.

• 1 year ago

Your safe deposit box @ the bank. That's where your birth certificate should be. And maybe your social security card. The rest of your stuff goes in your locker(s) which are padlocked. Credit cards should be in your billfold & on your person. This is why your uniform has pockets.

The keys to my lockers were around my neck with my dog tags. But as we all know, lockers can be broken into.

Mine got broken into one time. But in my case, they wanted the change I kept there. Someone in the barracks must have noticed me dropping coins in it??

• 1 year ago

hell no, your barracks room is not safe

yes there is a safe place, its called a bank safety deposit box

1 year ago

In boot camp we had footlockers with padlocks. God help you if you left your footlocker unlocked. In some squad bays (barracks in army talk) there are wall lockers with the same opportunity to use a padlock. In BEQ's (basic enlisted quarters) there are lockable compartments. Aboard ship there are (very small for Marines) wall lockers similar to middle school. The answer to you question is YES but you are responsible for keeping your valuables locked up.

Source(s): USMC (2013-2017)
  • Rick
    1 year ago

I've never had any problems ................................

Source(s): Retired ARMY SFC.