Car accidents?

My husband had to go to the hospital due to another driver not paying attention to the road. And because of that the car was totaled, his neck is fractured, both his right wrist and left ankle are sprained. Since she fled the scene I don't know how to get anything figured out on that half, what would we have to do?

• Edna
    1 year ago

File a police report. Then, notify your insurance agent and let him deal with it.

• Eva
    1 year ago

Police report has to be filed. They will be looking for the person. You turn the whole matter over to your insurance company.

• Pippin
    1 year ago

Every driver legally has to carry liability insurance. So if the police can track her down, her insurance will pay for the value of your car and medical costs.

If she is uninsured or can't be found, your insurance will cover these costs. That's why you carry it. The police will work on finding her. You presumably called YOUR insurance company to get things started on your end.

• Tavy
    1 year ago

YOU do not have to do anything. this is the job for the Police and your insurers.

• 1 year ago

Assuming the vehicle for the other driver remained at the scene, you should be able to located the vehicle owner via the registration (license plate and VIN).

• .
    1 year ago

If the police can track her down, all you can do is hope she's got liability insurance or substantial assets (like equity in a home). In these cases, the perpetrator is usually indigent. So unless your husband carried uninsured motorist, the only help you'll get is coverage of the medical costs through your health insurance.

The damage to your car won't be paid for by anyone.

1 year ago

If I were you I'd let my insurance company deal with it all. There isn't much else you can do unless there is CCTV of the accident. I'm assuming you have already involved the police.