Leesa asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 9 months ago

What role (s) would be possible for me to have in Nutcracker?

So I'm 15 years old and been doing ballet for only about 2 months, but I've already been accepted into an academy with a scholarship!! Their Nutcracker auditions are next week and I'm trying to figure out what roles we're possible for me, a 5" 5 15 year old not en Pointe! I know party girls and angels exist, but that's for 9-12 and only do height up to 5" 3! I'm the oldest auditioning and the second oldest is 14 and she's in the same boat as me. Any options that I could shoot for?

• drip

Usually you audition with your age group and the director decides what role to give you if any.

There are many different productions of The Nutcracker. They are all run different ways.

Just auctioning is good for you. You will gain experience.

Anyone of the party guests. There are adults at the party as well. Based on your height that would be my guess. The dancing is very minimal and not in pointe shoes. Sometime they even use non dancers in these parts.

I doubt you are good enough to even participate in the Ballet School's annual production, and you will need to be on pointe. Perhaps, if you work VERY hard at it. Professionally - forget it.

Source(s): Professionally taught for more than a decade and appeared in many productions.
    • mintchips49

Apparently you have never seen or been in a full length version of the Nutcracker.

As in cracking nuts open? What kind of profession is that?