What are the rules for liquids in the checked baggage?

For things that aren’t carry on, do things still have to be under 100ml?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I am assuming you traveling from or within the U.S. What liquids are you referring to? Most liquids have no restrictions in checked baggage (i.e. toiletries.) The things that are prohibited are toxic or flammables (i.e. WD-40, spray paint, gasoline.)

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/what...

https://www.faa.gov/hazmat/packsafe/

Source(s): Work part-time as a TSA officer.
  • Cammie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Look up The TSA .Duh.

• 2 months ago

no restrictions on volume regarding allowable liquids, generally hygiene products etc.. flammables and other toxic liquids are mostly banned or restricted.

• 2 months ago

As long as the liquids aren't inflammable or toxic - check your airline's website for a list of prohibited liquids like petrol or acid - you can carry any quantity in your checked baggage.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 2 months ago

The TSA does not have rules about the size of the containers of liquids in your checked luggage, though there are a few liquids you may not take in any quantity. The airline might have rules ab out the size of containers. Check the website of the airline you are flying on

• trailblazer
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

wrong, not ust any liquids, they will flag up flammable and restricted liquids

• 2 months ago

This really isn't that complicated. The point about liquids in carry on luggage is that some idiot once tried to carry on liquids that could be combined to form something that would blow up the plane, but it didn't succeed. Ever since, we have all been required to put all liquids and creams in 3.3 ounce containers in one zip lock bag. You can't get at the liquids in your checked luggage, so you can't make a bomb out of them. You can carry whatever liquids you want- although they might leak. What's banned now from checked luggage is MacBook Pros because the batteries might catch fire. You shouldn't put a laptop in checked luggage anyway..

• Greg
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No they do not.

• 2 months ago

No, there is no size limitation in checked baggage.

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I pack the liquids that are 100ml or more in plastic bags within my checked-in suitcase, to try and avoid spills / damage, [like shampoo & shower gel e.t.c.].

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

As long as it’s not alcohol they don’t care how much liquid in your checked baggage.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.