Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferenceHome Schooling · 9 months ago

How do I convince my parents to home school me?

Yesterday I started my first day oh high school. This morning I freaked out and threw up due to being nervous. I don't cope well with things. I freaked out and get panic and anxiety attacks. Therefore I've been trying to convince my parents to home school me. I can get the program online but m mom tells me that I need to socialize. But I don't make friends easily because I don't talk to new people. I don't know what to do and I really want to be homeschooled. if any body has any advice please answer.

You are a REJECT. Do not breed.

Learn with other strangers. None of them know each other at first. Maybe one or two do but that is all. The rest don't know Jack or Jill or Tom or Jerry or Fred or Barney. As you do activities together you get to buddy up with others and learn something about them and others. There is always the class clown, the class geek, the class hard case, the class babe, the sports jock, the smartest kid and the dumbest kid and the kid who has the biggest mouth. YOU LEARN ABOUT EVERYBODY, slowly . You make friends with some, closer relationships with others and distant acknowledgement of others. " I know the face & the name for some reason". This is how LIFE is handled.

As for puking,,,,it was something bad you ate. TRUCK that. You is the MEANEST MF OF THE GROUP...or you are just another face in the crowd. YOU CHOOSE your role. I was the friendly class clown who was pretty darn smart too, and was friends to all the girls.

You don't need to talk to anyone right off the bat. You can be the quiet one if you want. I made noise. I will only be here once, so make the best of it. THERE IS NO REDO. The friends you make in school will last a LIFETIME.

Homeschooling leads to very anti-social behavior that will make you end up in PRISON. Then you learn BIG BUBBA IS ALWAYS THERE.

If your anxiety is as bad as you claim then the online school is likely not going to help. It will just encourage you to continue to give in to your anxiety. You need to be in weekly therapy to learn to cope in the real world. If you can't even make it through one day of school how do you expect to do normal things like go shopping, get a job and so on? You are using anxiety an excuse. I've struggled with anxiety since I was 13yrs so I know where you are coming from and you need help for the anxiety, not online school.

Now, if you do get into therapy, officially diagnosed with anxiety and the therapist agrees online school is a solution then your parents will likely agree. But, I'm sure the therapist will agree too that you need to be out in the world interacting with people.

Another option for you may be a smaller private school. This worked for me. I was bullied to the point of suicide as a teenager plus I had other things going on. A therapist suggested a smaller school and it worked great. So maybe see if your parents will look into private schools or charter schools.

Source(s): homeschooling parent for 18yrs, not online school actual homeschooling. 2 have graduated, one finished a 4yr college with a degree in psychology and another was accepted into nursing school
  • Ludwig

You are a bit mental. If you stay home long enough you will end up completely mental.

• audrey

Try growing up!....

Ask them what is your problem and your fear around others, make a consult appointment, and then the last step convince your parents to get an online course but You can't get a private college.

• Faith

I'm not sure where you get your information from but I have homeschooled my kids for 18yrs. My oldest was accepted into a private college and graduated in May with a degree in Psychology. She was homeschooled all her life.

• Mandy

Oh, hush. Nobody freaks out about high school. I’m so tired of this “not handling new things well” and “I have anxiety”, crap.