Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 9 months ago

My phys Ed teacher is forcing me to play sports. She said if I don't, I fail? Can she do that?

I told her I don't do sports and I'm not a fan. She said, "I'm not asking you, I'm telling you and you don't have a choice."

I yelled, "Look I shouldn't have to be forced to do something I don't wanna do. It's my rights and-"

She cut me off saying, "Either you come or get an F. See you after school."

She won't listen to me. She is so tough and stubborn and I'm a sophomore.

I complained about it to my parents. My dad said, "Well you better get used used to it because I'm life you're going to have to do things you don't wanna do. Even you gotta work with people you don't like."

Mom said, "If you don't, how are you going to achieve anything? You won't grow as a person." That's BS. I have rights!

Whatever I'm done. I have no chose but to do this stupid volleyball sport.

@Lord Nose: Bullshit. Don't tell me to get a grip. You get a grip.

I'm so sick of the adults taking each other's side. My parents told me to get over it and suck it up. My dad said, "Well you didn't wanna listen to her so why do you think she'll listen to you. Yes we are siding with her. The real world doesn't care about your feelings. Either deal with it or you're not ready to face the world that doesn't care about your feelings." Wow that **** was harsh.

I'm just a kid. 15.

Unbelievable! The next thing you know your math teacher will be demanding you to do math in class. Don't they understand you are in school solely to be social? It's like they aren't even paying attention.

• Logan

Yeah, get over yourself. It's a class like any other and if you don't do the work then you don't pass the class. You won't be getting your way in everything in life, you can do whatever you want but that doesn't mean life is going to work out for you. It doesn't work like that. You have to follow the rules to succeed.

It really depends, if you're playing the sport for a grade then yeah I definitely agree with her telling you that you'll fail the class. If she's trying to get you to sign up for sports like forcing you to join the soccer or football team that that's not right.

Did someone forget to tell you that you are a child in school? You do have a choice. You can do what is offered to you free or you can pay for it later.

School is free and mandatory. That means you have to. You parents have to make you go. It is the law. It is so we will have an educated citizenry.

I am not a fan of sports myself, but there is a lot to recommend them. First you find out that you can do something FUN! You find out people can depend on you. You find out that even as a member of a team, you matter. Good lessons in life.

And I am sorry, but life is not made to your order. You do have to do lots of things you don't like. I don't know anyone who enjoys changing baby diapers, but good mothers and daddies do it every day. You have to work for a living, unless you win the lottery, which is unlikely. It is very important for you to care about any job you have--even doing dishes- because YOU become a better person for caring. And you will definitely work for people dumber than you. I guarantee it. They will drive you batty, but YOU will become a better person for learning to be kind to dumb people and do a great job.

My best advice to you is to climb off your HIGH horse and do what is expected of you. If you dare.

Stop whining and just do what she says you little brat. Your parents are right. You better suck it up.

• Lita

Yes, she can do that. Doing things you don't want to do is part of life, better to learn it now than later. You do have to play sports, even if you don't like sports. You can and will fail the class if you refuse to participate. Your rights don't include not participating in the class activities.

• edward

Well...you don’t have to do things you don’t want, you’re right. But she also is right to fail you

• helene

I'd take the F.

Your teacher told you either you play sports or you get a Fail.

Yes, she can do that.

Do you have options? Yes, you do.

1. Do what the teacher says (and pretend to like it even if you don't)

2. Fail

3. Ask around to see if you can transfer to another teacher who will let you do an hour of calisthenics instead of sports.

Option #2 is not a good idea.

Option #3 will tick off your current teacher who might not be willing to sign you over to another class.

Tough choices. I would recommend running around after the soccer ball just like everyone else.

• Tri-Harder

John P, you have to be the stupidest person on here to not have figured out the difference between a comment and an answer even though you've been around for months.

Yes she can,,Yes your parents are right, likely disappointed you are so rebellious and a brat.

20 years from now, you will see for yourself just how right your dad is

50 years from now, you will still have to deal with what you don't like.

You just have to suck it up like everybody else and just do it.

You will find life a lot easier going with the grain and not across it.

Life is a biitch and then you die

Source(s): Been there,,done that.