Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePreschool · 3 months ago

Horrible odor coming from student..?

I’m coming to this forum because I don’t think I could possibly bring this up to anyone else at my preschool but I am a teacher assistant and work with with 4 year olds..I have a child in my class who anytime we take them outside to play, she comes back in smelling like strong BO..almost like a mixture of sweaty nether region and sweaty man pitts. Which I don’t think is normal for a 4 year old - average weight female. I think it might be coming from her hair but I can’t say for sure. She is Swahilian and I don’t know what it could be..I have children of all backgrounds in my class and none have ever given off this scent, even after the hottest days..but it gets so bad that it turns my stomach. Has anyone experienced this with any child?

• Lili

I think you're a troll.  However, just in case you are not:

She doesn't smell this way BEFORE she goes out to play?  Are you sure she's not getting into something odd out there?  Keep a really close eye on her and what she's doing.

I'm sure you'd notice if some strange person were out there molesting her every time the children go out to play.  Anyone would. 

And what are the other staffers and children saying about this?  If the odor is that bad, everyone must notice. Right?

By the way, one thing that makes me very suspicious of your post is that Swahili is a language, not a nationality, and no one uses the word "Swahilian".  The language is spoken by ethnic Swahili and non-Swahili people in quite a few different countries in Africa.  It's a lingua franca there. Normally someone would describe an African child as being a native of whatever country she came from, NOT as "Swahilian".

Get used to poor people it's the 21st century.

Children in general smell bad. She's not anything special.

get someone to check it out, someone could be molesting her

• Lili

During the outdoor play period? Don't you think the staffers would notice?

Talk to the other teachers.

maybe you should report it, someone could be molesting her