Can I bring Hot Cheetos on a plane to Australia?

A friend of mine in Australia really loves hot cheetos but it s hard to find where they live. Can I bring some on a plane in either my checked bag or carry on? And if so, how big of a bag is allowed?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Yes

In both checked and carry on

Any bag that will fit in your bag is allowed

• MS
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. There are no restricitions on this.

• 2 months ago

They are not an explosive or terrorist device. Shouldn’t be a problem. Ask the airline.

• 2 months ago

Yes you can. They're more strict with like meat, vegetables and other things that could potentially bring diseases and pests into the country. Anything like chips, chocolates, and other snacks where you can buy from the grocery stores are usually okay to bring into a foreign country.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You can take them in your checked bag but put the cheetos bag inside another plastic bag and seal it. Because of the altitude of the plane, bags of chips swell up and can explode. Our internal organs swell also when flying but don't explode.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Yes you can.

Last year I went to Melbourne and took a large bag of potato chips in my carry on bag.

I made sure to tick the food box in the declaration card before landing, and explained at customs about the chips.

No problem.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.