p'hat asked in PetsFish · 9 months ago

Where do fish go at night?

Hello, where do the fish go when it is night time? We were driving over a bridge this weekend at night, and there were people fishing off the side. My partner commented that they were fools because the fish aren't out at night. She said that they disappear.

When I pressed this, she informed me that she learned about this in school. We didn't learn that, but she told me that I'd have to learn about it on my own, so I came here.

Please help, how do the fish just disappear? Surely they would want to eat late at night like me.

sleep???????????? or go into a sleep stage.

• F

To the river BED, where else?

• PR

Some people try to fish at night, using flashlights to attract the fish. These people may have been trying to do this, but turned off the lights when you showed up. In most places it is illegal to fish in this manner. Yes, fish rest at night, unless they are nocturnal fish. They do not close their eyes, since they do not have eyelids, but every creature needs to rest, or it would die.

• Jack H

They go into their space ship to report back to their home planet...

Or, they might just go to sleep in caves, holes crevices etc., to allow the night feeders room to eat...

Diurnal fish may rest in caves and hide outs. Nocturnal fish will be up looking for food.

They spend days in the water and at night, they are high up in the sky in the rain clouds.

OMG - fish don't just "disappear".

Some fish do "sleep" at night and they MIGHT go under rocks to sleep. Other fish are active at night and night fishing can be a good time for certain types of fish depending on the location.

In my location, river fishing at night for catfish is the best time to get a good haul of fish.

They can be drawn to light and so there are people who fish at night.

• Bill

fish never dissapear at night

In fact some ofthe best times to go fiashing is an night with a full moon

you friend talks rubbish

• patty

they all have little apartments at the bottom of the sea/river.