Would you find it hard if your step-daughter, her husband and their 4 kids moved in next-door to you?

I'm expecting my first baby.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Best answer

Not particularly unless they frequented my place often, which I would put a stop to immediately.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

You sound like the typical bïtchy stepmother. By the way, remember, she’s his daughter, you’ll never win.

• Edna
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

As long as they leave me the hell alone, I don't care if all of them move in next door.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

So long as she realized my home is not an extension of hers and that I'm not an automatic babysitter, we'd have no issues.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • GB
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You need to set boundaries from the start.

1) It might be convenient to have keys to each other's homes for emergencies, but the two establishments should not be used as a 'second home ' by the others. You probably won't want them 'dropping in' at any time, and they may feel the same way about you. They might, however feel different about their dad doing it.

2) When the baby is born, you are likely to want a 'babymoon' once home - some time spent with just the 3 of you. or limited visiting time from the rest of the family.

3) House rules - Respect each other's house rules, when at their house. Even pre-school children can be taught this.

4) Neither couple should take it for granted the others will always be able to babysit.

• 2 months ago

Why would I? The more family the better.

• 2 months ago

What does it matter? Sounds like it's happening, so you need to put on your big girl panties and deal with it.

• 2 months ago

Not necessarily. Plenty of love and support for you and your first child - and probably some sitters! There may be "awkward" times, of course, but focus on the positives. Good Luck!

• audrey
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes. Sounds absolutely awful!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No. You learn to co-exist. You can only control so much, work on the things that you can change instead of focus on negative things. If you allow it to bother you, it will. You are both adults, so why would there be a problem?

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.