Charlie asked in Arts & HumanitiesDancing · 9 months ago

Is it true the you can get ballerina feet from painting your toes?

I read an article online on how to prevent ballerina feet and well the article had specifically stated to avoid painting your toes. Toe painting is one of the things I enjoy doing and especially during summer and I really don't want to give it up but I will if it means that I can't practice ballet anymore ( I added ballet to some of my workout routines). So can painting toes actually cause ballerina feet?

You don't get "ballerina" feet, without being a ballet dancer for years and years. And you certainly can't get them from using nail polish. I'm sorry you were given bad information.

• drip

Painting your nails has nothing to do with the rest of your foot.

Plenty of dancers paint their toenails at some point or another,

You asked a question about ballerina feet recently

https://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20190...

Let's safely say that you are fine to wear nail varnish on your toes as whatever you've read isn't going to affect you as you're not even dancing 'en pointe' and only doing a bit of ballet added to work out and athletics from I can see.

It is suggested for serious ballet dancers who dance in pointe shoes to not wear nail polish on their toes. It can hide nail injuries for one thing. That must be where you got your partial “misinformation” from. This would not pertain to you one small bit. Nail polish doesn’t give or prevent ballet feet. You get strong articulated feet with calluses on them from years of working hard and wearing pointe shoes. Not from adding some ballet to your work out routine and certainly not from wearing nail polish on your toes.

• mintchips49

Why did this answer get a TD? It is accurate.

anything is possible

• bluebellbkk

But not this. Do try to get a grip on life, Pearl.