Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CareInjuries · 9 months ago

Can I sue a hospital for this ?

So back in 2018, around beginning of February, I was in Florida at a motocross track, I had a wreck and was sure my right side collarbone was broke. Anytime I tried to move my shoulder it would keep popping pretty loudly and the collarbone was and still sticks up.. I went to a hospital and got Xray and they told me I was fine and sent me home.. but yet the bone sticks up and was all swollen.. still to this day I can not do push ups because of the pain... I went to doctor today for a different injury and I told her about the situation with my right side collarbone and she was shocked to hear that the hospital did absolutely nothing for me.. she rubbed her hand across it and told me its messed up and not right.. which was already obvious. She said if I wanted it fixed I would have to get it Rebroken and set straight.. so I wonder, can I sue the hospital I went to in Florida over this ?? They charged me around $1200 for absolutely nothing.. yet I'm still dealing with the injury over a year later...

first, the ER doesnt set collar bones; many heal on their own, the only other option is surgical repair via orthopedics, so sounds like they did not breach ER standard of care, but there is not enough info here- if you want to pursue this you would need to talk to an attorney (who may bill you accordingly)

Talk to a medical malpractice attorney

you can try and sue them

Republicans are trying to ban malpractice lawsuits.

• Tulip

I think there's a lot more to this story