Am I wrong for not feeling some kind of way about 9/11?

Here we are it's 9/11 and today I am 22 years old ,I was a toddler (4 years old) when it happened ,I see all the 9/11 posts on social media and the tributes on the news i'm not sure how to feel about it cause I was so young when the original incident happened

Favorite Answer

You aren't wrong. I had the same indifference to the Vietnam War/Cold War that greatly affected my parents but happened before I could remember.

You probably feel the way you do because 9/11 did not effect your life as you know it.

Whereas, I was in my 40's when the USA was terrorized by the events that happened on 9/11. I know what life was like before 9/11 and then how much things changed after 9/11. So, I have a before and after memory of how life was and now is.

For you, you have no clue what life was like because you did not live that life, but only the life you know, post 9/11.

No, you are not wrong. I had relatives who lived through the great depression and it effected them greatly. I was not born then, so I have no clue and therefore, I am indifferent to that era, just like you are with 9/11.

And, that is perfectly o-kay.

• Common Sense

My sister began her new job on 911 @ the Trade Center. We were on egg shells until we heard she was safe because her shift began at 10am, so she was spared. However, she witnessed bodies jumping from the building and landing on other buildings and the ground.
      She has PTSD & repertory problems now.

• gerald

no 37,000 Americans are shot dead every year you have grown up with killings all around you its a way of life if you saw an uproar and guns banned after the Vegas massacre you would feel something its an extreme tragedy but its forgotten in a few years its pride that's been hurt the most you were attacked and couldn't stop it with all your superiority your leaders watched bin Laden killed on live TV that says it all REVENGE pride . and the real culprits dripping in money Saudi Arabia SCOT FREE that is my opinion not the law you can ignore it

• Common Sense

Your 37K figure is about 7K of an overshoot.
      https://www.bing.com/search?FORM=INCOH2&pc=EUPP_IC05&PTAG=ICO-dd355aee&q=how+many+americans+die+from+gun+shot+wounds+per+year

• y

How many tributes do you see floating around on social media now a days from pearl harbor? From any of the previous wars? Oh we honor vets, or at least some of us do(being on myself) We have a memorial here and there that some pay attention to on the appropriate day and such. We also have some that deface, vandalize those memorials and such. It was a tragedy, a tragic day in US history, one that needs to be remembered, not only for the lives lost, but for the freedoms lost, the innocence lost. We must remember as a warning of what can happen. But for those too young or not personally touched, they can have difficulty having a real emotional connection to the actual event. So the feelings may not be as strong, if even there, as those who saw, lived, were impacted by the event. For you, recognize it for the tragedy, allow those with stronger feelings to have them, live, learn, mover on, and honor the lives lost.

• Brian

You must also be clueless on Pearl Harbor Day and July 4th.

• Brian

"i'm not sure how to feel about it cause I was so young when the original incident happened."

Here you go, ********. You weren't around for these, either.

its not wrong, you were to young to remember but, do try and be respectful for those who do

• Najae5 months agoReport

I'm never disrespectful.. you see I acknowledged it was 9/11 today im just stuck on how to feel because I was a young child when it happened I don't even remember what I was doing myself when it happened