Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOptical · 9 months ago

How long did it take for you to adjust to glasses for the first time?

I got my first pair of glasses when I was in my late 20s but I was wearing contacts since I was 15. It took a long time to get used to wearing glasses because I always wore contacts and mainly did till I was about 44.During those years I only wore my glasses around the house for the most part. Now that my glasses are progressive bifocals, I wear them most of the time instead of contacts because even when I do wear contacts, I have to use over the counter reading glasses. I had no problem adjusting to my progressives and I love them! Once you start wearing glasses most or all the time, you will quickly get used to them! I am now in my late 40s and I have no problem with wearing glasses most or all the time as I will use up my contact supply and never get them again!

my current pair: no time at all. i was like, wow, i can see! this is awesome!

• Kerri

It took me a couple of weeks of full time wear to adjust. I felt off balance, had headaches and some nausea at first (over two years ago) but now I don’t even notice my glasses anymore. They just feel natural like a part of my head. I feel weird when not wearing them now. My eye dr told me that if I wasn’t adjusted to them after a month to come back for follow up to see if my prescription was right.

A couple of days. The first day my depth perception was weird and I fell down a flight of stairs.

2 weeks. they just felt heavy and the difference in eye-sight was a bit much.

it took a a couple hours to a whole day or 2

• Olive

Bout a week id say then it was nothing after that

Well usually it only takes a couple hours

Just a few days.

Not long at all. It was pretty amazing to be able to see things clearly.

• df

Did you get motion sick?