I have old Kodak disks with picture that i can not get onto my computer. How can I get my Pictures?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • John P
    Lv 7
    8 months ago

Is that a disc as in a CD or DVD, or is it a disc with very small film negatives, as used in Kodak disc cameras in the 1970s and 1980s?

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 8 months ago

take them to a local pc shop to read and convert them as required

• Frank
    Lv 7
    9 months ago
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

You mean CD? You need a CD-ROM drive or a DVD drive. You can find USB versions of those nowadays in computer stores.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • 9 months ago

AS others have stated... you'll need to find a service to convert the disk images to digital. I don't know of any scanner you can buy that will handle those. You could try and take the disks apart and scan that way, but you would be more likely to just destroy the images in the process.

You'd need to search specifically for disk film, which will be much more specialized than most other types.

Here is one such service... not an endorsement, I have never used them, just the first one that came up on a search: https://www.larsendigital.com/disc-negative-conver...

• 9 months ago

There are photo and video shops who can digitize those images for you so that you can have them on any device you want, share them with anyone.

Update: I heard a radio ad today for something called Legacybox.com

Go to that site and they'll tell you what kind of media you can ship to them for retrieval and digitization, and in a couple of weeks, you'll get your digitized images plus the original media.

I'm guessing this isn't cheap, and it's probably slower than a local shop would be, but you can check it out.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

take it to a computer place, they'll get it out for you

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.