Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsOther - Pets · 9 months ago

Is my rabbit going to die?

Last night my rabbit was in his cage on his back screaming. I tried to turn him on his feet but he instantly fell on his back and started screaming again. Then he stared running around his cage and then fell on his back again, and started screaming.

He’s acting normal today eating, drinking and running around. What happened?

He’s 3 years old.

When a rabbit screams it is because they are so scared or in pain that they believe they will die. Your rabbit needs to be taken to the vet immediately.

I have no idea what happened.

But if he acts okay now, maybe he's fine.

The only thing I can think of that would cause such sudden pain and followed by complete relief is maybe some kind of intestinal colic. Do you have a vet? It might be worth looking into.

• Nathan

He needs to see a vet. This could be many illnesses such as neurological disease so a vet is legally needed so that he does not suffer

It's possible that your rabbit had a gall bladder or kidney stone.

Sounds like intestinal problems, which could be very serious. Could also be an infected nail or paw. I’m glad to hear he’s normal today, but I would definitely take him to the vet as soon as you can.