Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthOther - Health · 9 months ago

Are you teaching your children to smoke, by smoking yourself?

I "smoke-proofed" my kids by making them smell my clothing after I'd come home from a party where people were smoking. Even the next day my dress just reeked of smoke. They found the smell disgusting and neither of them are smokers as adults. Mission accomplished.

• hawtdogman9 months agoReport

maam that just gives them secondhand smoke

They learn smoking when you are using it to cope unhealthily. they will see it and if they dont know good ways to deal with their problems they may take up smoking because they see it as a way out.

No, my kids only like candy cigs

My best mate had an interest in smoking since around the age of 12 and by the age of 15 he was smoking Mayfair Cigarettes. I can even remember going to the Cenotaph on Remembrance Sunday with them when we were 15 and his parents openly offered him a cigarette during the service. I stood there watching him take deep drags.

no but they will sneak smokes when they start

• Sathi

Not necessarily. I had no interest in smoking because I thought cigarettes smelled awful. My dad smoked for years, so I was around it my entire childhood. It eventually killed him, too. A disgusting (and expensive) habit.

My father smoked (and died from a smoking related illness 18 months ago). I stopped a 30 a day habit 3 years ago and my brother is a 20 a day smoker.

No my children are moved out.

Yes, your children look up to you and if they see their parents smoking they will probably want to try it themselves. Depending on the age they may have already, you may leave a pack of cigarettes on the table and your daughter or son will take one to try for themselves. I'm not saying that this is how you have raised your children but children are most likely going to act how their parents do.

But I don't have kids, and I don't smoke, go figure.