What decent paying jobs can you have when you have a GED but no college experience?

I am working towards my GED currently, most people tell me it s as good as a HSD. I am curious, if I do not have any college credits/xp, are there options for me? Am I able to make a comfortable living with only a GED? What types of jobs only require a HSD or GED?

Bank teller. I know,someone who decided NOT to go to college even though she had a scholarship. She took an accounting class in high school, did well in it. She started working part time as a bank taller part time and eventually became one of 3 vice presidents..No, she is not going to become president

The president has a son or grandson who may now be president. She's one of a,very few people who has not left Both of her older brothers are still in the area, although one brother lived and worked in Kansas, which is only 15 miles away, for more than 20 years. He bight a ranch that is probably about 12 miles away.

It is small one bank town in the Oklahoma panhandle. The businesses in the tow m made a units effort in the 1980s to open up opportunities to young people to keep them from leaving either the state or going to larger urban areas like Tulsa, Oklahoma City, Lawton, Ponca City or Woodward. The town is much smaller than it was in the q1960s, buts its NOT nearly a ghost town.

There are many good jobs that do not require a college degree. You can look on Monster.com to get an idea. There are jobs as HVAC installer, for example. Some of the jobs require some technical training. For others, like plumbing and electrical work, you might be able to get an apprenticeship, where you learn on the job.

Unfortunately entry level jobs are your most likely positions until you’ve accumulated time on the job. Most successful people often surpass the college educated simply by persistence on the job and promotions.

You'll need to go to trade school.

• Robert

Absolutely. You need to learn a trade and do it well. Ever meet a poor plumber?

• paul

usajobs.com , if you can not get a job here , you are not trying

• CarolOkla

usajobs.gov, NOT com