Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceOther - Business & Finance · 9 months ago

I bought an item online and the seller sent it to me without any postage, what can I do?

I received a notice from the post office that I had a parcel without any postage on it, no stamps etc. and that there is no return address listed, for me to receive the package I had to pay the full price of shipping again even though I already paid $50 in shipping on the website.. how do I deal with this, I want to keep my item..

• Bill

Pay the post office so you can get the package, and once home take a photo of the package showing no postage.

Locate your original receipt showing postage paid. Make copies of each.

Call them and nicely explain what happened and what you want done. Be prepared to send the photo and copies of the receipts. They will refund, probably what you had to pay at the post office.

yes, most of seller online is not honest

Go get it, pay the money, then go after the seller.

The easiest thing to do is a partial chargeback with your credit card company.

If you paid $50 today to get the item, then ask for the $50... if you paid $35 today, then ask for $35 and consider the other portion ($15) the handling (materials, labor to pack it, etc).

In all my life, Ive never gotten postage due mail.

• Maxi

You first contact the seller, then the website and the method of payment... eg credit card/paypal........ and get your money returned for the postage you paid

Contact the seller. They should be willing to issue you a credit (depending how you paid) for the missing postage.

Why did they ship it in the first place if there was no postage on it? Interesting

Can you contact your bank to dispute your credit card charge. Or can you contact the company itself to tell them that unless they pay you for shipping costs, you will refuse the item. Perhaps a bluff, but see if it works.