Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 2 months ago

I can’t stand school anymore....?

I’m a junior in high school and it’s been a week since school started and I hate going. I’m have so many classes and I’m constantly tired and teachers are forcing me to do work. My brain cannot take any pressure anymore. I just wanna give up already. I don’t know what to do. I just wanna be over with school but don’t wanna go to that HELL. Can you give me any suggestions about what I can do.

It's part of life. You got to be tough because it don't get easier. Don't worry. You'll get used to it.

You have only been back 1 week - adjust.

Go find a pacifier .

• Joe

You are not a child anymore but you sound like one. Unless you are looking forward to a lifetime of minimum wages, stop crying and do your work. If you need help ask a school counselor, but for gods sake stop whining.

Welcome to the wonderful world of WORK, pal. If you think this is tough now, just wait a couple more years until you're either in college or having to work for a living... or both. Lots of college students have part time jobs while they're in school- this helps their parents pay the bills and offsets some of the costs associated with higher education. And you need to learn how to prepare for life you will lead as an adult in the work world. High school is designed to teach you this. Yeah, it's tough. But real life outside of school is even tougher.

Lmao just wait till you get to college.

Smart people love to learn.

Fools hate knowledge.

To turn studying into a game, follow this advice.

Studying will become fun for you - with no stress.

From the dollar store, get file cards... the kind made for a rolodex. They must be this kind, because you will need to shuffle them.

- When you're in class, pay attention and keep your textbook open to where the teacher is speaking. Put a check beside the paragraph that s/he is referring to.

- At home, read the paragraph beside the checkmark again and create a question from it. Put it in terms YOU can clearly understand.

- On the front of one of the rolodex cards write the question.

Put the answer on the back.

- Repeat until you have 20 or 30 cards for a chapter from your text book.

- PUT THE BOOK AWAY and test yourself.

- Ask yourself the questions. Make two piles - the “i know it” pile and the “I don’t know it” pile. You must know the answer immediately for it to go into the 'I know it' pile.

Shuffle. Repeat.

Keep doing this until all the cards are in the "I know it" pile.

DO NOT TELL YOUR FRIENDS

Or word will get out and you won’t look like a genius.

PS. Look for the bad in people or things, and you WILL find it. Force yourself to focus on what's good. Be thankful. It is impossible to be thankful and miserable at the same time.

(But unfortunately, some people LOVE to be miserable... and if you're one of them (who love it)... then it won't matter what you do... you will be miserable all the time... school, work, play... anything... and no one will want to be around you except other just-as-miserable people.

see the school's counselors. be prepared for them to recommend that you see your physician ... constantly tired is not nornal

Suck it up, get more sleep and the teachers are not “forcing” you to do anything. They just want you to pass.

• Steven S

Yes. Never had more friends or events than when I was in school.

Bro 2 years left hang in there