What’s the best way to move to another state? I’m in Pennsylvania and I may be moving to Utah for college.Tips for getting my stuff there?

Drag it on the ground

Are you moving to Logan?

My best tip would be to take only what you can fit in your car or a couple of large suitcases (if you're flying) and to plan on getting some cheap stuff locally in Utah.

When I went to college, I pretty much took everything I needed in my car. If you need something else, why can't your parents just mail it to you??

• Daniel

Are you actually planning on permanently moving there or are you just going to school?

Where are you going to live? If you are going to be in a dorm room, you are barely going to have enough room for your clothes. Pack what you need in your car. If you are flying, bring two suitcases and have someone send a box or two of some more stuff once you get there and have an address.

If you still have a bunch of stuff left over and don't plan on staying in Utah, put it in storage (or leave it with family--you didn't mention what your current living situation is).

If you are planning on moving to Utah permanently and you don't have a whole lot of stuff, rent a U-Haul trailer or truck, haul it out there, and be prepared to put a lot of it in storage.

Seriously? You are going to college and you need help with getting there? First you need to find out how much room you will have, then decide what you can take. If it won't fit in a car, you could rent a u-haul truck or pay someone to take it for you.

• drip

Just a note, you will accumulate stuff while in college. You need to get a storage space for your stuff for over the summer if you will be living in a . Dorm. And remember all that stuff needs to get back home. Or sold or thrown out.

So when figure out cost to attend, figure in all that , plus costs to travel back home during school breaks.

Buy as much as you can when you get there. Buy online and have it shipped to your dorm. Amazon with free shipping.

I think you will find shipping your stuff you already have is going to be expensive.

• DEBS

Going to college, you don't need much. Assuming you're moving from your parents' place and don't need to have everything out, you should not have more than what fits in a few suitcases. Take them in the car with you or check them and pay the fees.

Yard sales and thrift stores!

Sell what you have (or give it away) and use the money you would have spent moving the stuff to buy used at the other end. If it don't fit in the car, leave it behind with some one you can trust if it has sentimental value.

Do you have a car and plan on using it in Utah. Pack all your stuff in the car and have it towed to your destination.

Send it by UPS.

If it’s heavy or big size items, just buy it in Utah or buy it off college students who just graduated. If you go around campus, you might see flyers from students trying to get rid of their junk so they don’t have to bring it back home. Or you can go around apartment complexes and pick up things thrown away. When it’s May or June here, I see lots of students throwing stuff away and some of them are in great condition like air conditioners or desks.

• drip

freshman will be moving to campus in August, months after student have moved out.