U-Haul Car Tow Dolly / Car Hauler Rental Texas Trailer Lighting Law question?

So I recently got in a car accident involving an SUV attached to a tow dolly that had no lights what so ever. It was around 8:00 pm over at SAN MARCOS, TEXAS so sun was coming down already. What are the Texas light law requirements for a tow dolly ? I did hit the trailer because it was not visible. I swear that the... show more So I recently got in a car accident involving an SUV attached to a tow dolly that had no lights what so ever. It was around 8:00 pm over at SAN MARCOS, TEXAS so sun was coming down already. What are the Texas light law requirements for a tow dolly ? I did hit the trailer because it was not visible. I swear that the trailer almost camouflaged with the street, all black.

I had to pay $1,000 out of my pocket for this , and I think its not fair. Is there a chance I can get them back or is this case set and done?