How can I be friends with this woman?

I’m a 21 year old guy. Recently, I became friends with a customer of mine at the store I work at. She is a 48 year old woman, divorced and has kids my age. Very nice, cool person. We discovered we had a friend in common on social media and added each other. She wants to hang out. Here’s the problem. So, I just... show more I’m a 21 year old guy. Recently, I became friends with a customer of mine at the store I work at. She is a 48 year old woman, divorced and has kids my age. Very nice, cool person. We discovered we had a friend in common on social media and added each other. She wants to hang out. Here’s the problem. So, I just bought a brand new 35 k car. Problem is, one of my friends smokes. I’m afraid if I hang out with her, and she lights a cigarette around me. The smell on my clothes will leave a smell in my car. What should I do? I can’t be rude and say “don’t smoke around me” you know? Or If I give her a ride. She wouldn’t smoke in my car, but I’m worried about the smell the smoke leaves behind. I keep delaying hanging out because I’m worried for my car. Which I worked years and years to get. My dream car.
18 answers 18