Rose asked in HealthOptical · 6 months ago

Glasses or lasik surgery??

I got lasik about 7 years ago and my eyes are already back to the way they were before I got the surgery. I’m debating whether to go get glasses bc some days my eyes are good and others I can’t see a thing, especially driving at night. I also rather get lasik bc then I don’t have to deal with glasses but since it didn’t work very long the first time who knows if it’ll last the second time and would I be able to get it again for a third time when I’m older, I’m only 27 now. What should I do.

This is very important thing. You have to be careful about it. Go there by using this link :https://healthguyd.com/best-laser-eye-surgery/

I think this link can help you to know more about Lasik surgery. :)

Your approach to LASIK should be the same as I had done, regarding contacts: They didn't work for me at all. They were extremely painful, so I gave up, and went with glasses. You should tell your doctor everything you wrote here. (Want to chat?)

Since you already had lasik done I wouldn't again unless they will make it right for free or when you get older like if you have to have cataracts removed. You might be able to wear contacts but I would just stick with glasses.

• Bernd

20 seems a bit young for Lasik. Was your eyeglass prescription stable for a few years before the Lasik? I have heard that 25 was a more stable age for many. Good luck.

Chances are, they won't do LASIK again. The refractive surgery center that I work with does not do enhancements as LASIK, only PRK. That means more discomfort an a longer healing time. If you have had a significant return to myopia, you need to know why it happened before having any more surgery because, it's not expected. Truly being back to where you started out is a very unexpected outcome.

i would ask your eye doctor about it

• Brian

I used to wear the Night-n-Day Contacts. They worked great. However, if left in to long they would give me really bad headaches. Then I took them out, and worked on some eye exercises to improve my vision. Now, I don't need any contacts nor glasses.

lasik is supposed to work forever