chey asked in Social ScienceSociology · 9 months ago

I am considering a sociology:criminology degree.?

I am wondering what the question is. I think that is a great choice for a degree...you can use it in so many other areas

Sociology is the studies of societies and not necessarily of any assistance when studding crimes

Criminology is the study of crimes and would be a good degree to have is you are interested in law enforcement. There is not a degree called Sociology:criminoogy

Source(s): University instructor, degrees in 5 areas of Social Science including Sociology

Nothing inherently wrong with that course of action. But have a plan. Do not be yet another of an endless stream of sociology and criminology majors who do not know what they are going to do with their degrees. Sociology has served me very, very well as a research methodologist, data scientist, and professor. But my experience is not typical, because I actually knew what I was planning to do with my degree.

• Bobo

Criminology will help for a career in law enforcement. The sociology part is just fluff.

i would ask the teachers at your school what classes you need to take to get that

• chey9 months agoReport

I accidentally posted this without the details sorry for that now really making any sense!