Remember when democrats used to always say oil companies were the reason America wasn't energy independent? Turn out dems were the reason?

and are campaigning on making us dependent on terrorist oil again.

Update:

skeptic- from the 1960's until President Trump made us energy independent.

Update 2:

Skeptic- you can research it if you need to.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

No, it does not turn out that the "dems" were the reason. Economics are the reason. Our oil got expensive compared to foreign sources, so we bought cheaper oil from there rather than pump it out here, because we could. Sort of like why we buy many things made in China. It isn't because the products are better. They just cost less.

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • RICK
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

As long as you don't give a **** about the environment the US could have been energy independent long ago

But unlike good Republicans of the past today's Republicans do everything they can to make a buck doesn't matter how many people it kills

CDC says the regulations Trump had already cut will kill approximately 1400 a year, any more cuts to environmental regulations will only increase that number

• 9 months ago

Turns out China is winning

• 9 months ago

Well no I don't remember that. But...Thank you for the links and all the evidence you just laid out there about the Democrats You're a genius.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 months ago

I just had a scary feeling that we don't know all the lies that the demonic-rats are telling. Even now.

• 9 months ago

Yep! Lift regulations on oil, like Trump did, and we became oil independent in, what was it, two years? AMAZING! Something politicians said would take decades happened in two years thanks to Trump limiting the government's power!

Trump 2020

• RICK
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

In return we get dirtier air and contam water

• 9 months ago

When did democrats used to "always say" that?

-----------

I'm afraid I'm going to need a source for that. Because to anyone not living inside your head, the statement is nonsensical.

-----------

So no source, then.

Just to clarify - "Democrats" have criticized oil companies for a number of things for quite a while. Somehow preventing energy independence isn't really one of them.

• ...Show all comments
    • skeptik
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

That's nice.
      What part of that mentions "energy independence" AT ALL?
      Or even remotely brings up the 1960s, or any other time in the past?

Seriously, the claim is pathetically nonsensical.

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

I liked obama all of the above energy policy. It’s because of republicans why we are not number one in green energy. China is now.

• Kevin
    Lv 6
    9 months ago

That's how they roll.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.