i think i fried my logic board?

opened my mac yersterday just to clean the dust for a long time I bought it on february of 2014, its a imac mid 2013, I was surprised of how cool it looked and I touched to mother board and that it just touched it, cleaned the dust and then when I put the screen again I doesnt turn on, Im so sad my mac was like my baby, when I plug it in it appear a slighty green light.

Does anybody have any idea what could have happened? do you think the warranty will cover this? thanks everybody

• David

A standard manufacturers warranty won’t cover this, AppleCare+ might cover it for a reduced service fee.

What might have caused it? Presumably you damaged something during disassembly/reassembly, or failed to reassemble it properly. Without actually seeing it no-one can say.

Get a new computer, preferably a PC instead of a Mac.

just take it to a computer store and have them fix it

• Roddy

As soon as you opened up your computer you voided any sort of warranty.

Were you wearing an antistatic writsband when you were working inside the machine? If not then you probably caused damage to a chip from static. If you used a vacuum cleaner to clean the inside then that almost always causes static.

Unless you have the correct jig and tools, it is almost certain you will cause some damage in trying to replace the screen. It's very easy to trap and break one of the thin connections between the screen and motherboard.

This question is NOT appropriate to the Parenting section and should have been asked in the Computers one.

< do you think the warranty will cover this? >

Not unless you got the extended 10 year warranty.

• Lv 7

if you open a computer up, it voids the warranty.

2013 is out of warranty mate,

AC+ is mostly scam tho.

Look apple are pricks when it comes to opening their HW, you SHOULD be able to find competent service outside of the official ones tho (i do believe 13 might not be serviced Apple likes its 5 years support cutoff) BUT it is normal HW inside so should be fine getting ti fixed somewhere for humane price.