Felicity Huffman got sentenced to 14 days in jail, community service and probation do you think this sentence was fair? Why or why not?

29 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 months ago
    Favourite answer

To all who say white privilege, rich & poor divide etc... Those answers are irrelevant to the question because only the privileged could have pulled this off..It's true jails are over-filled & her crime is not violent, but 14 days....She & her ilk need a little reality check & 14 days is almost trivial.. CA doesn't need her takin up jiail space for someone who really belongs there, but w/o it she probably could be blowin off the rest of the sentence..The most appropriate aspect of her sentence is the community service because her crime was essentially against "the community" who is not so privileged.

• daylily61
      Lv 6
      8 months agoReport

I think you summed it up 👍

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • Anonymous
    8 months ago

If he was black he would’ve probably gotten a life sentence that just proves white privilege but somehow republicans want to sit around and ***** about double standards only against whites.

• patty
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

in other ways she has been punished. She may never work in Hollywood again.

• 8 months ago

no because she should've gotten at least 2 years in prison for the crimes she committed.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • John
    Lv 4
    8 months ago

Obviously we don't want her wasting her time in jail.

We want to get her as quickly as possible into those orange coveralls serving us, her community as soon as possible.

Hopefully the men will be smart enough and quick enough to get to her first before the lezs do.

• 8 months ago

Had it been most ordinary people they would have gotten 6 months to a year in jail along with a big fine and probation along with a big number of community service hours.

The divide between big money and the poor is huge and unfair

• 8 months ago

I think it was a fair sentence, although I would have given her a month in jail instead of two weeks.

• 8 months ago

Jails are overfilled, no need to give prison sentences to those who admitted guilt, have no criminal record, are not a menace to society. She has to deal with an unforgiving public for the rest of her life.

• Nathan
    Lv 6
    8 months ago

It proves white privilege exists. I thought the term was ludicrous but this proves that it was indeed white privilege. If it was an African American, it would be a much harsher sentence.

• Anonymous8 months agoReport

Very, very true.

• Anonymous
    8 months ago

no, I think it should be at least a year, and a $20,000 fine? please, she probably spends that much when she goes out to dinner, fines should be based off of your net worth

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.