Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 9 months ago

Anyone had a baby over the age of 30?

I'm 35 having a baby and I googled online that I'm at high risk because of this. I was wondering if anyone over 30 had healthy pregnancies/birth or had any complications?

My niece had a baby at the age of 36. My friend had invetro at the age of 43. A friend's daughter had two children, one at 33 and the other at 35.

All moms/babies had normal pregnancies/births without any complications whatsoever.

Women typically go through menopause when they are in their late 40 into their fifth decade. That is when their bodies stop their reproductive capabilities. If a woman can get pregnant in her third and fourth decade of life, then nature allows that to happen because it is a viable occurrence. If women were never meant to get pregnant after the age of 30, then their bodies would not conceive a child. At least, that is how I see it.

Sure, there may be risk factors. But, as far as I am concerned, every pregnancy is a risk, regardless of your age. I was a healthy 22 year old and had a miscarriage. Although it was devastating to loose a child, I realized the fetus knew it was not a viable pregnancy and self aborted, leaving my body whole so I could try again. I got pregnant again at 27 and had another baby at 29 years of age. My first was 8 lbs and 4 oz, the second was 8lbs and 12 oz. So, you see, our bodies are an amazing thing. Trust yourself, trust your body.

One of my sons is your age now. All I can say is savor every moment you have with your child(ren) because from here on out, life speeds up and before you know it, they will be having children of their own.

I had my second child at 32 and got pregnant again at 33. The last pregnancy was ectopic. No other complications with either pregnancy

I'm pregnant now at 34 finally

My mom had my brother when she was 34 and me when she was 38 both pregnancies were completely normal. I'm in my 30s now, i have 1 child and planning on having another within the nexy couple years..god willing. Theres nothing unusual about women having babies in their 30s.

• Jose

My wife had our last child at age 34, without issue. Depends on each individual situation, but for most females, physically, their fertility peaks in between the ages of 18 and their mid-20s, after which it starts to decline slowly and then rapidly after age 35. That being said many women 35 and older are able to conceive without issue. It is just the likelihood that an abnormality could occur increase as women advance in age.

"High risk" only means minimally higher.

A couple of days after my second baby was born, I was walking her in a stroller, and a concerned woman warned me "You shouldn't be out this soon after having baby, or you'll never make to the age of 30." I was 42 years old at the time! Along with the healthy newborn, I had a very healthy 2-year old at home as well Keep healthy and follow the doctor's orders and you should be fine.

• MissA

Billions of women have had healthy pregnancies over the age of 35.

• John P

We had babies when my wife was 32, 34, 37, all by natural childbirth. The reason for delay was connected with family issues, not my wife's employment. There were no complications in any of the pregnancies. All there children (now in their 40s) have got university degrees and interesting jobs. The youngest, female, is the most enterprising. Yes, there is certainly some concern when a female over 30 conceives, but "high risk" might be over-stating the case.

• Lôn

My mother did...ahe was 36 when she had me. The only complicationwas that I had to be delivered by Caesarean section (I can't remember why, unless I was too comfortable and didn't want to come out)...but because of that I consider myself to be a 'cut above the rest'.