Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingAdolescent · 8 months ago

We’re having a baby and I don’t want my boyfriend around people involved in illegal activity am I wrong?

My boyfriend and I made an agreement that he could hang out with his buddy but never go to his buddy’s (nana's) house. Which is currently where his buddy and his wife is living. The reason for it is this...she is about in her late 50’s and has been dealing drugs to young teens for probably as long as her grandson has been with her. Her close friends are teens between the ages of 15 to 20. There are constantly young people coming and going from her house and some older adults getting dope. My boyfriend would stay at her house days out of the week from the age of 16 until we started dating. The main reason for him to stay so often and go over was he could smoke there all he wanted without having to worry about his dad even finding out. She provided him with all the bud so he, in a way, was in paradise. He’s told me and admitted to his addiction to marijuana a long time ago and has recently quit. For the third time. However, past compromises between us he has broken related to his addiction specifically. But isn’t it ridiculous? A Grandma (practically a mother to his buddy) providing that for young teens? The few times I did go over I was friendly but never spoke of personal matters with her. But we always ended up getting pulled into her drama. So we agreed to drop her. He still continues to tell me how much he despises her. Hence our compromise. Yesterday he called me asking if he could stay the night there because his buddy invited him. Is it wrong to be upset?

Didn't you know any of this before you opened your legs for the man? Come on

Report her to the local authorities if she's contributing to minors. Are you dumb?

• John P

You are not wrong in wanting your baby to grow up in an atmosphere which is not frequented by people involved in illegal activities.

• Edna

You really picked a loser to have a child with, didn't you?

• Fred

Just anonymously contact the police and dob Granny in and all is sorted. People who sell drugs to kids are scum and should be taken out of society and put in prison. People rave on about paedophiles being the worse but for me it is drug dealers. Send the local police an anonymous letter saying you are the granny's neighbour and are sure she is selling drugs to teenage kids. Remember it is your relationship and the baby needing a decent father at stake.

The other way is make it clear you don't need a partner who hangs around criminals and if he wants to be part of his child's life he must put you and the baby first and act maturely.

You can want anything you want and can believe anything you want is right or wrong, but clearly he does not want the same things, nor have the strength of character to choose a more positive life for himself.

Your decision is whether or not you want to accept that he will continue to spend time over there and continue his addiction until such time as *he* wants to make the choice to stop, or you can move on with your life separate from him, and understand that will mean he will have unsupervised visitation with his child.

You picked him !

You can't control him....your relationship is doomed.

You can want or not want anything. Doesn't mean you get to dictate what he does.

Want to make it a condition of your relationship? Go for it. He can still make his own choices. Then you can make the choice to leave him.

• Tulip

Wait a minute here so you are telling us not only are you stupid enough to have this person as your boyfriend you are even stupider for havi g a baby with him?? Wow just wow