Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Education & ReferencePrimary & Secondary Education · 9 months ago

Why have boys been doing worse and worse in education over the past few decades?

in 1974, the feminist group the AAUW won the Women's Educational Equity Act (WEEA) which created the WEEA Center, providing funding and the authority to influence K-12 education to to focus on girls to the detriment of boys. In short, their efforts have been a success with fewer boys proportionally graduating and going onto college.

It amazes me some people seem so puzzled that boys went from doing great to doing worse, when we passed legislation designed to have this effect.

My answer won't show up if I post links, but if you google "Hoff Sommers NY Times war on boys", you find an article she published in the NY Times which chronicles the process by which feminists were able to win such legislation.

I dont know. They don't care anymore

Video games and helicopter parents.

Boys are lazy. ;)

I think that a lot of times the teachers happen to be women and therefore feel a stronger connection to female students which makes their good behavior as a student feel more encouraged, while male students have to work through even the smallest bit of bias. Of course I'm not blaming women for all of the problems, sometimes school just doesn't work for kids. There is also lots of change in our time as people and I think that school also needs to change to accommodate this.

They have no desire to learn.

because alot of those boys are illegal aliens

Rebelion against society. As the government becomes more and more controlling, men and boys with strong individuality will become more and more defiant. This trend will increase until the balance is restored and socialism put back in its place.

Feminists are destroying their self-confidence. In elementary and even higher grades, p.s. teachers are mostly misandrist women who are sexually dysfunctional with males their own age, so they chronically seem to be either molesting their male students (to scar them for life) or alternatively they are tearing them down psychologically and making them feel inferior to female students. The “girls rule; boys drool” tactic, designed to hold them back, crush their spirits. It’s feminism at its most insidious, since cowardly feminists know it is easier to manipulate and damage younger, less worldly-wise, more vulnerable males than men their own age or older

Schools have purposely emphasized the ways girls learn and reducedthe ways boys learn. There is loft example less experiential education, less opportunity for students to get a break from sitting and be active and no tolerance towards fidgeting. Heck, if I’d been expected to attentively sit for 8 hours straight I’d have flunked out.

This is also why the incidence of ADD has gone through the roof. Children, boys especially are not designed to sit quietly and attentively all day long. Their inability to do so, isn’t a disorder, it’s how kids are supposed to be.

I don’t know; I haven’t seen the statistics.