Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 9 months ago

Can pancreatic cancer be prevented? If so, how?

A friend of mine died of pancreatic cancer last week. He was quite young.

Many kinds of treatments were tried , including surgical removal of pancreas.

But he still perished and could not even be a 5 year survivor.

It's bit disturbing to hear that the cause is unknown or it can happen to anyone.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 months ago

what is usually the prognosis for colon cancer that spreads to the liver (stage 4)

• Commenter avatarLog in to reply to the answers
  • 9 months ago

Bitter tea, fish oil, cucumber. Insya Allah help. Allahu akbar ! Viva Indonesia !

• Anonymous
    9 months ago

Sadly no, everybody can get that nasty disease.

Even living a healthy life style cannot prevent it.

Nothing is garanteed.

• 9 months ago

I don't know of any prevention, but genetics and or a family history increases the risk greatly. Go to your regular check ups, and try not to focus on it, (easier said than done). I'm very sorry for your loss, remember that your friend wouldn't want you to live your life with a fear of dying. You just went through something traumatic, and your fear is completely valid, just don't let it control you. Sending my thoughts and prayers for you and your friends.

• What do you think of the answers? You can sign in to give your opinion on the answer.
  • LAN
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

Why do you keep posting the same idiocy over and over? We get it, you are a one trick moron that isn't intelligent enough to think up another question.

• Pippin
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

There are some known risk factors that increase your risk of getting it. Some of those risks are preventable (smoking, heavy alcohol use, obesity) and some are not (age, race, genetics.)

But there is no absolute way to prevent it. It's rare in young people, but slim non-smokers/non-drinkers can and do get it. And sadly it's one of hardest cancers to treat successfully, even when caught early. (And if your friend had his entire pancreas removed, very likely it WAS caught early.)

• ...Show all comments
    • |
      Lv 4
      9 months agoReport

"You can't help to those who want to die". I could still go on with sentences but probably I would not make any good to others ... so as this number (of mine) I'll try to stay as troll. nHuh.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    9 months ago

No we cannot prevent it. My friend lived a healthy life and died 6 months after diagnosis in the U.K. she was only 66. By the time it is found it has usually spread.

• 9 months ago

As we do not yet know the cause of this relatively uncommon cancer, we do not know how to prevent it.

It is a cancer that geerally showsfew (if any) symptoms leading to a diagnosis intil it is advanced and treatment is rarely successful in the long term.

Research is generally aimed at more common cancers where more people can be helped.

• Pippin
      Lv 7
      9 months agoReport

There is tons of research into pancreatic cancer. It's not super common, but IS super-deadly. (And is far from rare.) And since we don't know to to prevent MOST cancers, it's unlikely that we learn, anytime soon how to prevent this one.

• 9 months ago

For most victims, by the time it is diagnosed you only have a few months to live and it's too late.

Still have questions? Get answers by asking now.