Is anyone here having difficulty with their Medicare?

My Mom's in a nursing home and an updated Medicare card has failed to come. It should've arrived either at my home, or that of my sister (who's her legal guardian).

• Kini

Medicare does pay for medical services while you are in residential nursing care except for up to 100 days after surgery or while in rehab. You have to pay the nursing facility and Social Security covers a part of the charges. So you dont need the card as long as she is there.

• Edna

They began mailing out those "new" Medicare cards in 2007. Your ,mom's card was probably mailed directly to her at the nursing home. In any event, you can be SURE that the nursing home has been notified and probably has a copy of the card in their files.

If you need a card for your records, contact Medicare, and they might send you one.

Call your local Social Security and they will help.

I have no problem with them and have found them to be helpful. Call and have a talk with them.

• Dick

Medicare covered my late wife's breast cancer treatments, ten years ago, and my heart problems two years ago. So far, it's been exponentially better than any private, group, or company policy that I've had.

• ted

I am not having difficulty with my Medicare card. Medicare advised by e-mail about an updated Medicare card. I accessed Medicare's website, and learned that the updated Medicare card contained the same information that I already have on my Medicare card. Of course, you should contact Medicare about your mother's Medicare card.

im not but if you are just call them and talk to them about it

• audrey

It would have helped if you'd have mentioned what kind of troubles.

im not having problems with it, maybe you should call them and talk to them about it

I don't live in America so I can't answer that question